Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Drop em like its hot!

Welcome back for another segment of Drop City!
In my last write-up of who you can drop I rattled off a list of about 5 players, Bowe, Pierce, AP, Torrey Smith, and Jason Witten it was still early and I didn't want to get too crazy, but I can honestly say to this day that I would still feel comfortable dropping any of those 5 in any numbered team format. So we're about to venture into week 7 and do I have a list for you; these are all players that in my opinion can be dropped with no hesitation make some room on your roster and get some players you need!

1. CJ Spiller-Before the season started I tweeted out a roster guys who I thought would have bounce back years. Spiller and Richardson being the RB's of that roster. Spiller started out decent, putting up so-so numbers in standard and pretty good double digit numbers in PPR but the Bills have all of a sudden decided to quit using him... like at all. You can't trust him if you can trade him for his name do it, I did! He's going to be hit or miss.

2. Jake Locker-Honestly, I like Locker, I think when healthy he may not be a good football QB but he does some good things for a fantasy team. The only problem is if you breath on him too hard he might go on the IR. This guy gets injured on a weekly basis and even though the Titans seem adamant about sticking with him, I don't see how he can do you much good when he's always on the bench with an injury.

3. Marques Colston-Again, you can't trust this player. The ball gets spread around way too much for anyone but Jimmy Graham to reap the benefits. Drop Em!

4.Wes Welker- Yes! I'm saying it! I know who his QB is, but his QB is loving on WRs that have the last name Thomas right now... and I don't see that changing too much. I'll admit it may be a little too early for this but I personally think he's drop worthy.

5. Riley Cooper-Not bad, but most certainly not good, you can definitely drop him in 10 team standard leagues.

6. Toby Gerhart-If you actually drafted him thinking he was going to do something, then shame on you. However we all make mistakes, he's not got this lingering foot issue, he can definitely be dropped.

7. Maurice Jones-Drew- I'll be honest I had high hopes for MJD. He was moving back to his hometown all his interviews he seemed very happy, very confident, and now he is very fantasy irrelevant. Could probably add McFadden with him too!

8. Pretty much any New England WR other than Edelman and Gronk.

9. Donald Brown- This rookie has not only taken full advantage of the given opportunity, but he has ran with it... literally! Now Brandon Oliver's workload will definitely take a hit when Ryan Mathews comes back into action, but as far as Donald Brown goes? I think they're going to give Oliver more looks here on out.

10. Steven Jackson- I know most of you won't because its Steven Jackson and he's the featured back, but you should definitely trade him. He's splitting a work load with 3 other capable backs. And this Antone Smith is taking advantage of every chance he gets on the field. Sell Jax while you can.

That's all for this week, I'm sure they're will be plenty more as we near the halfway mark, but for now these are the players you can take to Drop City. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment